Celebrate Coco the spirit of Día de los Muertos at Disney's California Adventure
Celebrate Coco the spirit of Día de los Muertos at Disney's California Adventure with Your Familia
In anticipation of Disney's animated film Coco to be released November 22nd, Disney's California Adventure has transformed it's Paradise Pier into an experience of learning and rememberance honoring those who have passed on within this colorful experience you won't want to miss!
Having a mix family has exposed me to so many things! I love the Mexican culture, their food, language and the country. Having a young child I've learned the importance of being able to provide my daughter with the ability to identify with both her parents traditions, those from Mexico and America. Dia de los Muertos has been a big part of this while helping with her understanding of the circle of life in such a beautiful way. We create our own alter to honor our loved ones, It's an amazing opportunity to reflect, understand and remember those who are no longer with us. This is the real meaning of Dia de los Muertos, to never forget and in doing so those we loved live on! It really is an amazing tradition, one I prefer to over the typical sadness associated with the American way.
So what can you see and do during this limited time event at Disney's California Adventure? From singing, music and traditional treats it's an experience you won't want to miss during your visit to the park.
- A Musical Celebration of Coco: Songs from Disney·Pixar’s Coco come to life via enchanting performances by the Storytellers of Plaza de la Familia, singer/storyteller Mateo, a folklórico dance ensemble as well as performances for the Grammy winning Mariachi Divas. Check for show times via the Entertainment guide.
- A Seasoned Feast: Sample delicious Mexican dishes from the special event menu at Paradise Garden Grill. The Agua de Pina is so refreshing!
- Coco exhibit: an exhibit presenting animation images that portray the Land of the Living and Land of the Dead seen in the film.
- The Árbol de la Vida, or Tree of Life: An interactive photo location where Guests are invited to to write down and share their thoughts of loved ones and hang them on the nearby wall of memories.
- Complimentary Face Painting: Choose from array of colorful themed designs that will put your child in the festive mood!
- Custom Floral Headbands: Create the perfect floral headband to celebrate life. Cost vary
Plaza de la Familia honors everlasting family bonds as well as Disney·Pixar’s upcoming animated adventure, Coco. This heartwarming tale tells the story of Miguel, a 12-year-old boy whose dream of becoming a famous musician leads him to unlock the generations-old mystery behind his family history. Be sure to get a sneak peek at Disney's Coco at the Bugs Life theatre set to begin November 3. I for one can''t wait to see the film when it releases November 22nd.