Coco Co Coconut Oil for Beautiful Skin
I'm using Coco & Co. coconut oil as my new go to for everything beauty related!
Ever since discovering Coconut oil for cooking I pretty much stopped using olive oil. I love the way it makes pancakes taste and that it doesn't change the flavor of fried eggs. It's great in place of cooking oil for baking cakes and cookies too. In reading all the health benefits it has, I discovered several other ways to incorporate it into my daily life. Do you use coconut oil for cooking or in your beauty regiment?
I've been using Coco & Co. coconut oil for almost 5 months now and I love it! Oh and so you know, the 8 oz. jar pictured lasted the entire 5 months using it for everything listed below. It has a very light scent, is 100% unrefined, organic and extra virgin with no added anything. This fits right in with the organic line of make up and deodorant I use. Cutting out the toxins has never been so easy ladies (and gents). Here are the 6 ways I use it on a daily basis as a part of my beauty regiment.
- I use a small amount of coconut oil 2x a day as my face and hand moisturizer. Not only does it NOT make my skin oily it leaves it feeling super soft. Make sure to rub it into your cuticles too.
- After my shower I apply a small amount to the ends of my hair. I have thin hair and it adds body while leaving it fuller and moisturized. It can also be used for a deep moisturizing mask. Apply a generous amount 5-10 minuets before showering and wash as usual. I use it on my daughters hair too, helps with the tangles like no other hair product!
- Before shaving, I apply to all the areas I plan to shave, skin is left ultra soft and moisturized while making the razor glide smoother for easier shaving. Guys this ones for you too!
- As an eye makeup remover, it works great while being gentle on the delicate eye area.
- As a massage oil, a small amount goes a long way while you are getting the benefit of a natural moisturizer.
- Use it right before applying your foundation, it makes the application so much smoother and you will get even coverage while needing less foundation.
Fun facts: Did you know? Coconut oil is naturally antibacterial and antifungal? Coconut oil also has a natural SPF between 2-8 depending on the quality. Coconut oil is also one of the main ingredients used for natural deodorant. Other uses for this amazing oil are as a lip balm, making your own body scrub and oil pulling. These are just a few incredible uses along with the many other great health benefits this nut can offer. My question is where have you been all my life?
Storing your coconut oil: I keep my oil on my counter in my bathroom. It keeps it cool but if melting occurs (happens at 76* degrees) it works just as well and will re harden causing no harm to the product.
The difference between refined/unrefined and why unrefined is better to buy:
Unrefined organic coconut oil, or virgin coconut oil is minimally processed and it does not include the use bleach or other chemicals. It remains unhydrogenated using fresh coconut meat as opposed to dried at the start of processing. This type of oil keeps the aroma and flavor of the coconut and is the healthiest choice with an extremely long shelf life.
Refined coconut oil is produced using dried coconut meat (copra) The drying process is not a clean one causing the coconut meat to be unsanitary. The added process of sanitizing the meat includes bleaching, exposure to high heat, and the use of sodium hydroxide. All no no's in my book.
So do you use coconut oil for any of the above? Been thinking about trying it, well it's super easy to make these simple changes and the results are instant and oh so good! I'm partnering up with the amazing people at Coco & Company for a fabulous giveaway! Enter below for your chance at winning a 4.5 oz travel jar of their Coconut oil and a sample of their latest product COCO GLOW / Coconut + Pink Himalayan Salt Scrub.
Many thanks to our friends at Coco & Co. for the amazing product to review. Looking to order now? First time clients get in on this offer! Free shipping on all orders $25 and up and with their discount code: COCOBESTIE you can get 15% off your first order.