Ghost Town Alive! at Knott's Berry Farm
Ghost Town Alive is back for 2017!
If you are looking for a reason to go to knott's this summer I have several for you. We visited the park last year to experience all the changes completed just in time for the 75th Anniversary of Ghost Town. So what's new? Read all about it and plan your visit now before some of the limited time fun is gone.
Here's the latest. GhostRider is back and better than ever after it's almost year long renovation. Boasting itself as being the largest, fastest, tallest wooden roller coaster on the west coast, it's all gussied up with new mining cars and a brand spanking new track making it smoother than ever. Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant got a major make over you have to see to believe and the biggest change is Ghost Town Live.
The Pan for Gold attraction has pulled up it's stakes once again and settled in right next to newly renovated GhostRider, which is ironically where it all began back in 1947. Learn about panning techniques and keep your take prospectors, Eureka!
Ghost Town Alive! First off let me just say, What an undertaking! This is a must-do when visiting the park. Immersive and interactive, the town of Calico comes to life as you participate in it all. Engage in as little or as much as you like. Here's what you can expect and why I was incredibly impressed with this undertaking by Knott's. With the prefect backdrop to pull this off, I'm hoping this is not just a seasonal thing (set to end September 4th)
Get yourself over to the City Hall and be officially sworn in my the mayor himself. There you will be sent out on various deeds, Mayor Parnell and the fine town folks will be mighty obliged.
Head over to The barn to interact with the stable hands. See live farm animals and catch the live musical act that performs on a small outdoor stage as a part of the Town’s Celebration festivities.
This is a little known scoop I'm sharing with ya'll. After becoming an official citizen of Calico at the City Hall, skedaddle on over and assist the sheriff. It's a little know truth but he's always on the lookout for a good deputy, join his posse and prove you got the skills to become one of only two he deputizes a day. Are you headline worthy? Looking to be memorialized during the day? Well you can...literally! Get your front page mention on the Calico Gazette, printed 3 times a day just pony up on over to the Sheriff for more details!
Now for you tenderfoots, here's just some of the shops and stops within calico to stop in and be apart of:
- Assay Office: Find maps and the latest paper with the towns gossip and impertinent news.
- Laundry: Check in on Hop Wings to do list and get to going on it!
- Barber Shop: They won't take a little off the top, they add it on your upper lip! learn all there is to know about the different stashes of the day.
- Shooting gallery: Looking to settle a dispute? Get R done here (additional cost)
- Textile: Step in and help the seamstress spin her thread, become a dress maker yourself or create colored designed patterns using tin templates.
- Blacksmith: Check in to get all the latest town news and have a custom horseshoe made.
- Sheriff's Office: Join in on a card game or set out to assist on errands, keep an eye peeled for outlaws and help get them locked up in the poke.
- Jailhouse: Have mercy on the towns oldest resident, chat it up and you may get more info than expected.
- With the major restoration that Ghost Town has underwent, these are just several of the buildings you can visit like the bank, saloon. Be sure to get in on all the Hoedown fun too! All the towns folk gather up and dosey doe their partners, you up to the challenge city slicker?
NEW for 2017 via Knott's Berry Farm.com :
From May 27 through September 4, experience the old west town in a whole new way during Ghost Town Alive! Travel back in time to the boomtown of Calico and meet the lively town fold. Participate in daily activities and shape the events that unfold, like pledging one’s allegiance to notorious bandits, to saving the day alongside courageous cowboys!
Ghost Town Alive! experiences and adventures include,
- Getting a handlebar or walrus mustache "shave" at the Barbershop
- Trying your luck at a game of cards with the sneaky Sheriff
- Meeting the prospector and his trusty burro, Brutus
- Locking up the bandits in the town patty wagon
- Voting for the Mayor in the town election
- Drawing up hand-made wanted posters
- Visiting the Livery Stable to meet the friendly equestrian team of horses
Blockbuster Beagle is back again this summer and it's all about the glam of Hollywood! Always providing action packed stunts, it's all paired with current music while being a cool place to escape the heat! Check park schedule for show times. Sit up close and you might just get iced by a skater or two. It's a must see for us while at the park.
If you didn't stop in for lunch, grab a bite at Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. Get in and grub on what started it all at Knott's, the restaurant has had a major make over but don't you worry, the food is as delish as ever!
For all the show schedules, park tickets and info on getting an annual pass click on the link below! We for one can't wait to get back to Knott's, are you going this summer?