It's Boysenberry Festival Time at Knott's Berry Farm
Boysenberry Festival at Knott's Berry Farm
March 16th- April 8th
We all know Knott's Berry Farm is a family fun place to spend the day but come that time of year when they celebrate their Boysenberry Festival, it's a whole other game! Bring your appetite and pull out the stretchy pants cause you are in for a wild gastronomic ride! Where else can you choose from over 75 different Boysenberry drinks, treats and more in one place? Check out what's good this year, the 8 tasting card offerings that made the cut and activities exclusive to the limited time event you won't want to miss!
This event is perfect for families with kids of all ages BUT those with teens, it's a great way to spend some quality time with them and then head out and do some fun adulting without them while they hit all the big rides. Reason you may ask? Two words: Wine tasting! With the Wine and Craft Brew tasting card ($25.00 each) you get 6 tastings of wine or beer and it even includes a small -bite paring which consists of a great cheese and fruit plate.
But if we are really going to be honest, it's all about the food! Tasting cards are THE way to go during the Boysenberry Festival! Providing ample samplings of eight delicious, one-of-a-kind boysenberry eats and treats, you can find them located throughout Ghost Town for a discounted price of only $30. Last year you got one of each item, this year you pick and choose! Enjoy all eight items or mix-and-match up to eight tastings, either way it's all good! Your tasting card comes with 8 pull tabs and a convenient map of the locations where the food can be found around the park.
Sharing a card allows you to venture out and try some of the other 60+ boysenberry creations like the Boysenberry White Chocolate covered Boysenberry Cheesecake! Half the experience is watching it being covered while you watch, and I will say it's some of the best cheesecake I have ever had! Be sure to watch the video below but I warn you, it can be hypnotic to watch.
Tasting Card Items
1) Slow Cooked Boysenberry Short Rib (Location: Inside Spurs Chophouse)
Boysenberry hoisin sauce, buttery basmati rice, chopped green onions
2) Boysenberry Pierogies (Location: Inside Spurs Chophouse)
Boysenberries, sautéed onions, Applewood smoked bacon, boysenberry sour cream
3) Boysenberry Cheese Quesadilla (Location: Outside Ghost Town Candy)
Mozzarella cheese, cotija cheese, boysenberry salsa, boysenberry sour cream
4) Boysenberry Elote (Location: Across from Gold Trails Hotel)
Corn on the cob, boysenberry mayonnaise, boysenberry butter
5) Boysenberry Coconut Macaroon (Location: Ghost Town Bakery)
Dipped in chocolate ganache
6) Boysenberry Hummus with Grilled Pita Bread (North of Sutter's Grill)
7) Boysenberry Sausage on a Bun (Location: Outside Wilderness Dance Hall)
Freshly baked roll, boysenberry ketchup, relish, mustard
8) Boysenberry Chicken Wings (Location: Outside Spurs Chophouse)
My top three favorites off the tasting Card were the Boysenberry Sausage, The Boysenberry Elote and the Boysenberry Cheese Quesadilla which had a killer salsa with it. You could feed a family of four with with one card if you wanted, I'd go with four of the Boysenberry Sausage on a Bun and one other item, add a drink and there ya go! Looking to get in on the Boysenberry food fun, be sure to pop in to and make your own Boysenberry tart to eat there or take home. Best part is they are no bake and zero cooking skills are required.
And if that wasn't enough, be sure to check the daily exclusive activities and shows during Boysenberry Festival.
- Step inside a replica of Cordelia Knott's first kitchen where little ones can make their very own delightfully sweet boysenberry tarts complete with a crumble topping. Additional cost applies for pie making.
- Over a dozen local artisans are offering unique boysenberry and western inspired products throughout the winding streets of the Old West at the Crafts Fair during Knott's Boysenberry Festival. A variety of handmade items are available including bath products, arts and crafts, candles and candy. Popular demonstrations include live glass blowing and chainsaw wood art carving that both happen right before your eyes.
- Be sure to visit the Livery in Ghost Town. This tribute to one of Knott’s original attractions invites you to cozy up to the cutest critters on the farm. Horses, sheep, goats and other furry friends.
- Tied up in Knott's Art Show: Take a gander at some of the finest art around -all themed around Knott’s while enjoying fine wine and local craft brews in the Wine and Craft Brew Garden! The stunning original art was created by local Southern California artisans to celebrate Knott's Berry Farm's history.
My tip to get the most of your day at the park during the Boysenberry Festival: Arrive when the park opens, get your tasting cards and hit the stands early. The park really starts to get busier by 1 or you can wait to get your eat on after 4 for the shortest lines. Also be sure plan your day's entertainment by picking up the daily schedule at the turnstiles. Don't forget you can still get a season pass for as low as 6 payments of $15.66, plus applicable taxes and fees. Hurry, offer ends April 8. Only at Knotts.com.