Legoland California Castle Hotel Fit for a King or a Queen
Here ye, Here ye! Calling all Princesses, Wizards and Knights to the new Legoland Castle Hotel
Taking an entirely different themed approach from it's predecessor that opened just 5 years ago, The Legoland Castle Hotel is the second stand alone hotel on the Legoland California property. Doubling their occupancy, the resort now offers a total of 500 rooms and declares itself a multi day family destination.
We were invited to stay at the hotel in order to facilitate this review, all opinions are my own.
Adventure awaits you! The newly opened Legoland Castle Hotel offers 250 rooms, a restaurant, gift shop and a central lego pit upon entering the reception hall. Outside within the walls of the hotel lies a center courtyard where there is a playground, stage, big screen T.V and pool. There will also be a snack bar in the near future. These fun interactive-lego filled areas are strictly for hotel guests.
There are three deluxe room themes to choose from Royal Princess, Magic Wizard and Knights and Dragons. All offer sleeping for up to five or if you need a bit more space, they have suites that sleep up to seven. The rooms all offer separate sleeping areas for 3 kids, are equipped with their own T.V (with children programing), Legos building area as well as a cool Starry Night feature that fills their ceiling with shooting stars. The area is snug but very well designed and a fun area for the kids to bunker down in.
Details within the rooms vary by theme but they all have lego models, a treasure chest and are fully theme throughout. Here are more details about the hotel:
- There are 250 premium LEGO Castle themed rooms with your choice of Knights & Dragons, Royal Princess or Magic Wizard themes.
- Located right at the main entrance of LEGOLAND California
- New themed restaurant - Dragon's Den Restaurant & Bar with Lego play area
- Ultimate Kid's Quarters- Separate area with LEGO building tables and scavenger hunt in every room!
- Pool Area- Zero entry pool featuring interactive water play features and whirlpool spa
- Entertainment Courtyard- Play zones for kids of all ages including a DUPLO tot spot, slides, an outdoor stage and cinema with seating
- Playful Surprises- From talking portraits to musical seats, there's fun art every turn.
- LEGO Building Competition Put your building skills to the test in our nightly LEGO building competition! Do you have what it takes to win? Winners receive an awesome LEGO prize!
- 2,100 LEGO models are used throughout the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel created from more than 3 million LEGO bricks!
Our stay: We stayed in the Princess Room. What I found with all the themed rooms is that that are very gender neutral, none over the top in favor of a boy or a girl. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was large and well appointed. My daughter LOVED the separate sleeping area and the Starry Night lighting. Be sure to do the scavenger hunt to get the code for a Lego surprise within the treasure chest located in your room. FYI: Hotel check in is at 4pm/check out is at 11am
Suites offer a sleeper sofa in a living room setting with a T.V. There is a full bath with dual sinks and two additional sleeping areas with their T.V's. All downstairs rooms offer a patio with a pair of chairs and a table.
Breakfast buffet at the Dragon's Den is included with your stay! You will find it very well stocked with everything from eggs and potatoes to waffles and fruits as well as made to order omelettes. Bottom line, you won't walk away hungry. Hours for breakfast are 7am-10:30am
Why stay at the Legoland Castle Hotel?
- Steps from the Legoland Park: Located right at the main entrance to LEGOLAND California, you’ll be just steps away from the ultimate family theme park with more than 60 rides, shows and attractions. Plus this summer the Lego City Deep Sea Adventure is opening!
- Early Access to Legoland: EGOLAND Hotel guests get exclusive early access to select rides and attractions before the Park opens to the public. All guests age 3+ must have a valid Park admission ticket and active room key card. Early entry time varies seasonally, up to one hour prior to Park opening.
- Enhanced Pool Area: Splash and play in our zero-entry, heated resort-style pool with LEGO soft bricks and interactive water play features! Perfect for the entire family, we offer pool-side food and beverage service, and cabanas are available for rent seasonally. Pool open 8am to 10pm
- Free WiFi, Costumed Character Meet and Greets, Live daily entertainment including puppet shows, hide N seek and Knight's school just to name a few. Check out the entertainment guide HERE
- Premium Birthday Package: Includes a cake, gift, and a 15-minute in-room interactive activity with one of the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel Performers. Depending on the performer, it could be a juggling class, balloon making, a Hero Training game, hula hoop lessons or a song written just for the royal birthday subject.
We have been visiting Legoland for 5 years now and this was the very first time we have stayed on property. As media we were invited to stay the day before the official opening so there was still lots of movement happening to get ready for the big day. Looking beyond all of that I would definitely recommend a stay at the hotel, it's perfect for ages 2-12. I love that it includes breakfast and that there is so much to see and do right within the hotel. I would recommend getting a 2 day park ticket. 1st day to enjoy the Legoland Park, check in isn't till 4pm anyway. After the park closes there is plenty of time to enjoy the pool, entertainment and to grab a bite to eat. Since check out is at 11am you will still have a full day to go back into the park, visit the Sea Life Aquarium or play at the water parks. Anyway you plan it Legoland is awesome!