Winter Wonderfest is Back Discovery Cube
WINTER WONDERFEST DECEMBER 17 – JANUARY 8, 2017
Oh the weather outside is.... Oh so warm and in the mid 70's because this is So Cal! There is no need to drive up to the mountains this holiday season to play in the soft, fluffy, white stuff (aka SNOW for us city folks). Discovery Cube in the OC and LA has snow and you are invited to come and well.... play in it! Check out all the fun (and educational) things to do during their 2nd annual Winter Wonderfest, beginning December 17, 2016 through January 8, 2017, at both their Orange County and Los Angeles locations.
We went last year and my girl had a blast! Check out what's all included and be sure to enter at a chance to win a FAMILY 4 PACK for you and yours so they too can ask that ever so important question..... "Do you wanna build a snowman"? Sorry, went there and it's not going away folks!
In the name of science (and FUN) your kids can :
- Go Sledding down ice ramps
- Learn about weather and how snow is formed through hands-on activities
- “Snow meets science” learning stations: Learn how Animals Adapt to the Cold
- PLUS learn about the three States of Water and Cloud in a Bottle
- The holiday exhibit will also include a mega slide down a 75-foot long ramp on inner tubes, a snow play area and real snow sledding. Your kids will find all the tools to play with the snow and build snow castles, snowmen, snow angels and all kinds of other frosty creations.
Tips to prepare for your visit:
- Come dressed in warm clothes
- Bring a change of clothing for the kids
- Gloves, boots, snow gear if you have it, a plus!
- Purchase your tickets online to avoid the lines (Winter Wonderfest is a separate cost)
- Bring headphones, since it's outside it will be noisy from the adjacent freeway.
- Bring gloves, some of our kids won't express sensitivity or lack of to the cold.
- Plan the visit accordingly, try getting there right at opening to avoid the larger crowds, peek hours are around 11-3.
- There are smaller tubing slopes, if your child has a fear, try them first before the bigger ones.
- Let them look at the space before entering to get a feel for what they are getting into if they didn't attend last year.
Also open now and included with your general admission to the Cube!
Science of Gingerbread *** November 25 through January 1, 2017 ***
Put down the game controllers, grab the family off the couch and get down to the Cube! The Cube’s holiday festival is filled with educational, hands-on activities designed to bring families together this holiday season. Pick your favorite and be inspired to design your own! Take in the scents and sights of dozens of Gingerbread Houses created by an array of local companies, schools, families and organizations all in the hopes of winning best in show. The rules.... The entire visual display must be made of edible materials. Be sure not to miss these Gingerbread creation entries, you can find them on display throughout Discovery Cube.
The Cube is out to prove that there is more than just mixing and pouring in the kitchen, it’s science at work, keep telling your kids that, it might actually sink in!
Exhibit activities include:
- Gingerbread Derby Competition
- “Matter of Taste” stage show -Cookie decorating
- Build a House Learning Station
- Santa Claus meet and greets through December 24, 2016
And if that wasn't enough, check out what holiday themed movies are playing in the Discovery Theater!
11:00am – Winnie the Pooh and Christmas Too
12:00pm – How the Grinch Stole Christmas!
1:00pm – Toy Story That Time Forgot
2:00pm – Frosty the Snowman
3:00pm – Shrek the Halls
4:00pm – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
We love the Discovery Cube! Best part besides all the amazing learning to be had is that they are always changing out their featured exhibits and have some pretty special ones (like this one) they bring back each year. Wait, what a great gift that would be for a family Christmas gift, a yearly membership! No need to thank me, just here to be helpful.
So now for the part where you can enter to win some tickets all thanks to our friends at the Discovery Cube! Good luck and hope to see you on the slopes! 1- Winner will receive 2- Adult tickets & 2- Children's Tickets to the Cube PLUS admission to Winter Wonderfest.
*Winter Wonderfest is an additional cost, see site for presale discounted admission till December 11th ($5 for members/$7 for non members) Afterwards, it will be $10. Get your tickets and all the information on the other great exhibits now running at the Discovery Cube here: http://oc.discoverycube.org/
Discovery Cube Orange County • 2500 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92705