Let the Force be with you visit the OC Zoo for Star Wars Day
Visit the Zoo for a day of Star Wars family fun that includes Star Wars characters, crafts, games, and lots of photo opportunities! Star Wars characters in attendance are members of the 501st Legion, Rebel Legion, and Mandalorian Mercs. These groups of Star Wars fans contribute their time to the local community through costumed charity and volunteer work.
- Zoo animals will receive special treats and there will be scheduled Animal Meet-and-Greets throughout the day.
- All visitors are encouraged to come dressed in Star Wars attire/costume.
- The first 100 children ages 12 & under in Star Wars costume will receive a free gift and a free train ride ticket at Irvine Park Railroad.
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their cameras/phones and pose for free photos with Star Wars characters.
- Reservations are not needed.
- Activities are free with paid zoo admission ($2 per person, ages 2 & under free. Coupons & passes are not accepted for special events.
- Parking fee is $5 per car
The zoo exhibits its animals in natural habitats for the comfort of the animals and to enhance the education of visitors. Animals on exhibit include black bears, mountain lions, bald eagle, ocelot, red-tailed hawk, great horned owls, porcupine, coyotes, turkey vultures, and more.
The zoo also features a barnyard (petting zoo) with domestic goats, chevoit sheep, jacob sheep, pot-bellied pigs, doves, chickens, and pheasants. Each animal exhibit features a small display with interesting facts about the animals. Many of the barnyard animals are available for touching contact through the fence. Grain may be purchased to feed some of the animals in the petting zoo only. Picnic areas are adjacent to the zoo.
Make a day of it by staying and playing at the Irvine Park Railroad. Pack up a picnic and have an out-of-this galaxy day in this beautiful park! Check out this event and more on the Zoo's calendar below.