Very Eric Carle: A Very Hungry, Quiet, Lonely, Clumsy, Busy Exhibit
The Discovery Cube OC is bringing Eric Carle children books to life in their new exhibit Very Eric Carle. Step into the pages of Eric Carle’s colorful picture books, tumble in the grass, weave a web, find a friend and become a butterfly. Carle's classic “Very” series, all illustrated in his hand-painted tissue paper collage technique, introduces five special insects who take journeys of discovery and your children are invited to go along in this interactive exhibit through May 14th.
Each story is a testament to Eric Carle’s’ love of nature, his respect for the emotional lives of children, and his recurring themes of friendship creativity, and the power of imagination. Within the new exhibit your children can:
- Create their own butterfly using light and color through shadow play
- Test dexterity, strength and flexibility as they step through a giant, web-like structure
- Compose a night symphony
- Spin a web on a large weaving wall
- Test their balance as they rummage across a pile of pebbles
- Crawl through tall blades of grass
*Exhibit is included in general admission.
Very Eric Carle is targeted to children 2 to 8 years of age, their families, and pre-school and school groups ages 2 to 8 years.