Ahoy From Pirates Dinner Adventure
Pirates Dinner Adventure, Rise of the Sea Dragon
Celebrating it's 10th year, I arr-anged (yeah I went there) a fun afternoon with some of my gal pals to visit Pirates Dinner Adventure in Buena Park. There are so many places in the OC that seam geared mostly towards tourist. Have you ever been before, was a first for my daughter and I. Here is a what you can expect and a few pointers before your show time and during the show itself.
Here are a few tips before and during your visit:
- Parking: Okay, bonus is it's free. If you can, get there at least 1-1/2 hours before your show time and park the closest you can to the exit, the traffic when leaving gets backed up big time.
- Arrive at least an hour before your show time to get your tickets and head to the saloon for the free tray-passed appetizers.
- Snag a seat nearest the center of the room for the pre show fun in the saloon but in all honestly there wasn't a bad spot to see it from.
- If you have a special request for dinner, be sure to notify your server upon being seated. They offer several options including vegan, gluten free and vegetarian. Dinners also include a starter, soft drink and dessert.
- Bringing a lad or lass with you, they are welcome to come in costume!
- There is no flash photography allowed during the show.
So what is Pirates Dinner Adventure? It's a live action stage show on an 18th Century Spanish Galleon surrounded by a 250,000 gallon lagoon. You will see and be maybe even be apart of the non stop action including fight scenes. Follow along as the story line puts even the most ornery pirate on the side of good. The show is filled with live singing, dancing and aerial acrobatic with a bit of pirate comedy. Sit back and cheer on your pirate all while you drink and dine on a selection of offerings and catered to by your own server, it's definitely not a sleeper.
Autism Tips/ Pros & Cons:
- The biggest issue I See: There are definite loud and sudden noises throughout the show, bring headphones if necessary for sound dampening.
- The length of the show plus the pre show wasn't a real issue (main show 1- 1/2 hours). The transition was quick between the two and the main show started promptly.
- The food: Okay so if you have a picky eater this could be an issue. My girl was not having their kids meal. We opted for a chicken quarter and a salad which she enjoyed. Check out their web site before visiting to see the entire menu to help before your showtime.
- If your kids love pirates the performers are right there before and after the show for pictures and to chat, I loved this and it was immediate. Great way to transition to the show (as you follow your pirate from the saloon to the arena) and when leaving, they are there to greet you in front of the seat areas.
Looking to visit, check their web site here for monthly deals and more. ---->>>> http://www.piratesdinneradventure.com/ for current discounts and show times. Members of the military you can get a free seat upgrade with your discounted tickets (must call to reserve tickets and some days are restricted) Having a birthday, guess what you get in for free! Make sure to sign up to be apart of the Crew first!
A huge thanks to the fine people at Pirates for having us, we had a great time! Congrats on your 10 years in Buena Park and the 20 in Florida!