Cavalia Presents Odysseo An Equestrian Spectacuar
Cavalia Presents Odysseo An Equestrian Spectacular
After astounding and stunning 90,000 spectators during Odysseo’s run in Irvine earlier this year the equestrian show’s producers announced they would be back to call SoCal home for the 2016 holiday season. If you weren't one of the lucky ones that got a ticket to this beyond belief show, here's another chance!
Odysseo is the company’s second production that has been touring under the world’s largest big top since fall 2011. Odysseo is a veritable revolution in live performance.
The worlds largest traveling show has arrived in So Cal. An intriguingly constructed event with unique lighting, amazingly live music, and innovative projected backdrops. Be entertained and amazed by performers both animal and human. It's an experience you won't want to miss.
We were invited to watch the premiere showing of Odysseo back in January, here are some highlights, tips and recommendations.
Odysseo is a magical production involving 65-performers and 45-horses of 11 different breeds. This immense production all happens under the Big White Tent which is the size of a Pro football field standing 125' tall with a 17,500 sq' of stage area.
The show is paired with live music which can been seen above the stage areas within an a pair of intimate studios. The show itself consists of acrobatic feats from above and below, amazing choreographed horse maneuvers as well as high energy stunts that will have you on the edge of your seat.
What to expect at the show:
- Beautiful live music, look for the musicians on either side of the stage perched above in the tree- like structures.
- Amazing athletic abilities by the performers and acrobatics that will keep you enthralled.
- 45 horses of 11 different breeds.
- 65 performers from around the world.
A few interesting Facts:
- Average age of the show's horses is 10 but are as young as 4
- The water 40,000 gallons of water that fills the show's floor is recirculated.
- All the horses are male – stallions and geldings
- The oldest performing horse is 15
- To create the three-stories tall hill within the stage area, 10,000 tons of rock, earth and sand were trucked in.
It's a toss up as to what age is appropriate for this show. My daughter who has autism was able to watch till intermission, I saw others half her age stay while others left at intermission as well. To play it safe I would say children 8 and above would find the show interesting and be able to sit and watch it in it's entirely, especially if they enjoy horses.
Please refrain from taking pictures as camera flash can interfere with the horses and the overall enjoyment of others. Parking is $20 at the door or $10 pre paid via their web site.
There is a 30 minute intermission after the first half of the show. Total run time is approximately 2 1/2 hours.
Odysseo is located at the junction of the I-405 & the SR-133 in Irvine. Performances now thru March 13th. For further info, show times and tickets please click on the link below.