Enjoy Strawberry Season at Tanaka Farms
It's Strawberry Season at Tanaka Farms
For almost 20 years Tanaka Farms has offered Strawberry tours and there is no time better than the present to get out into the fresh OC air and visit them. It's strawberry season! The fields are bursting with mounds and mounds of juicy red ripe yumminess. We did their strawberry tour recently (first time visiting the farm) and enjoyed the tractor tour, picking our own strawberries and sampling many of the other delicious vegetables grown on this 40 acre farm. I can't recommend this tour enough for a family outing, great way to unplug and get back to nature. Check out what to expect on their tour and enter at a chance to win a family 4 pack of tickets.
The current strawberry season tours runs March thru June. Check their calendar for daily tour schedules, below is what you can expect during your visit and some helpful info.
- FOR YOUR SAFETY it is recommend you wear comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Please avoid wearing sandals/flip-flops, open-toed shoes or high heels.
- Wear a hat and bring water
- Farm tour lasts 1 hour
- Sample farm fresh veggies along your ride around the farm
- Learn about responsible farming techniques used on the farm.
- Last stop is the U pick where you will have aprox. 10 minutes to pick (and eat) your own strawberries, a 1- pound basket is included in your tour admission.
- Save your tour sticker, it's good for $2 off any purchase at the farm's market.
Be sure to check in at least 15 minutes before your tour time, they run a tight tractor schedule. You can call ahead and make a reservation (Walk ups are always welcome) to secure your desired time and date at (949) 653-2100 ext. 204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $18 for adults/children (children 2 and under free) Group rates are also available.
Open since 1940, Tanaka Farms is a fun place to visit to teach your children about the importance of responsible farming, knowing what fresh produce really looks and tastes like and getting them to try new things. It is also a great place to pick up farm fresh produce, local baked goods and so much more! Have you ever been to Tanaka Farms, we can't wait to visit again! For now, I need to figure out what to do with all the fresh berries we got?!?
TANAKA FARMS, 5380 3/4 UNIVERSITY DR., IRVINE, CA
Produce Stand Hours: Daily: 9:00am-5:00pm
More family fun seasonal tours tanaka farms offers: Strawberry Tours (March-June) • Watermelon Tours (July-August) • U-Pick Tours (March - August) •
U-Pick Pumpkin Patch (October) • Christmas Trees (December)