Lunar New Year Festival Disney California Adventure Park
Celebrate the Year of the Dog During the Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure Park
From January 26 through February 18, celebrate the Year of the Dog with the return of the popular Lunar New Year festival at Disney California Adventure park! This spectacular festival will feature live entertainment, delicious food and more you and your family won't want to miss. We visited last year and my girl loved learning about the different cultures so we will surely be there again this year! Below is what you can expect to see and do during this limited time event and the best part, it's all included with your park admission.
- Lunar New Year Celebration "Hurry Home" a nighttime water show on Paradise Bay
- Meet with special Disney characters such as Mulan and her friend Mushu, along with Mickey Mouse and his pals, all dressed up for the occasion — including Goofy dressed as the God of Good Fortune
- Enjoy Specialty Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese foods at marketplaces and Paradise Garden Grill
- Get your fill of Commemorative merchandise featuring designs inspired by the different cultures of East Asia
- Visit the Lucky Wishing Wall, where you can add your own wish *FREE
- Get your face painted *FREE
- Have your name translated into Chinese characters *FREE
- Enjoy the festive and colorful Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession
- GuGu Drums Group performances
Tip: Be sure to download the official Disneyland App to get the latest info on showtimes and character meet and greets so you don't miss a thing. Characters switch out often so be sure to line up early. We love that the park has extended this event over the past few years and created so many fun and educational opportunities along with it. If you are an AP be sure to check into the AP corner left of the Paradise Garden Grill and get your AP button, exclusive wishing wall and photo opportunities. AP merchandise like a limited edition pin and shirt are also available.