Halloween in July at ScareLA
Halloween in July at ScareLA
Like me and wish Halloween was a month or even a year long holiday? Well you are in luck! ScareLA is back for the 5th year and it's moved to a bigger location this year! ScareLA™ is the first fan convention of it's kind dedicated to all this that go bump in the night! Smack dab in the heart of the entertainment capital of the world, ScareLA™ combines the city’s top talent and unique setting with a twist! This convention kicks off the scare season with exclusive unveils of the hottest attractions and products in SoCal every year. Mingle among thousands of fans, haunt entertainment professionals, top scare event designers and operators, makers, artists and filmmakers while enjoy a weekend jam-packed with Halloween season teasers, attraction unveils, classes, industry panels, haunt tours, screenings, cosplay and games. Sounds fun right?
Moving from the Pasadena Convention center to the Los Angeles Convention center, this years event is this August 4-5 occupying 200,000 square feet of pure Halloween bliss! With a Powerhouse of talent, get insiders news and previews from the best in the business including Warner Brothers, Universal Studios Hollywood, Haunted Hayride and LA's most talented home haunts, horror AR and VR artists as they join forces at ScareLA to terrify and amaze! With movie screenings, mazes, vendors and monsters everywhere it's just the start! ScareLA also features professional demos of makeup, set building, costuming and animatronics Hands-on workshops taught by top industry professionals for all ages, this truly is the primer Halloween event to attend!
Here are the "Experiences" line up you can catch at the event:
- “IT” Presents: FLOAT a cinematic VR experience. From the new film that will be in theaters on September 8th, this amazing VR exeperience had audiences at Comic Con lining up for hours. Now it comes to ScareLA for an insider's look as Stephen King's darkest novel comes to life yet again.
- Annabelle Creation Invites you: Celebrate International Doll Day in Style! Several years after the tragic death of their little girl, a dollmaker and his wife welcome a nun and several girls from a shuttered orphanage into their home, soon becoming the target of the dollmaker's possessed creation, Annabelle. Take a photo with your friends in her haunted universe!
- Be Run, Fear the UNDEAD: Zombie LARP! Dystopis Rising SoCal is BACK with yet another amazing LARP experience bringing the undead just a step closer to you and your loved ones. Will you be able to escape in time?
- Home Haunters Highlight: Rizo’s Scare House! This is NOT your grandma's mini haunt. Rizo's Scare House brings ScareLA's biggest haunt yet - 3,600 sq. ft. of darkness awaits in the outskirts of SCARYWOOD, our dark hall of epic proportions.
- SLIDER MAYHEM: Decayed Brigade: Watch the mazing feats of LA's top slider crew as they take over SCARYWOOD's main street! Multiple shows daily and even a chance for YOU to learn how to brave the concrete and learn how to slide like the pros!
Spookiest place in town this summer : The Los Angeles Convention Center, West Hall : 1201 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015