Irvine Park Railroad Summer Fun
Irvine Park Railroad: Great place to go this summer + Giveaway!
No matter the season, it's always a great time to take the family to the Irvine Park Railroad. I always say get there for Christmas, Easter, Halloween and the Anniversary weekend event, but I wanted to share some of my other favorite things to do during the off seasons. Along with all the special events they have, there is always something to do within the 477 acre park. With several bike trails and playgrounds that are nestled within the mature trees that's reason enough to go for the day but I have listed all the activities available (and a few you may have not known about).
Staying close to home the Memorial Day weekend or starting your summer vacation day trips, we have partnered up with Irvine Park Railroad are are giving away a days worth of fun for the entire family so be sure to enter below!
One of the highlights of the park is it's 1/3 scale train that takes both children and adults on a ride through beautiful and historic Irvine Regional Park. Ever visited the park before? We love it visiting because it is very sensory friendly (even during their special events), gets us all to unplug for a few hours as well as exercise out in the fresh air.
Here is a list of the varied activities that are offered within the grounds and their costs:
- OC Zoo: Yes there is a perfect sized zoo within the park that offers a barnyard with domestic animals you can buy feed for. Native animals like the black bear and mountain lion among others on display. New! Take an audio tour at the OC Zoo! Dial (714) 481-0355 on your cell phone to begin the audio tour Cost to enter zoo: $2 per person Open Daily: weekdays 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekends 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 Check site for special events.
- Paddle Boat Rental: Enjoy floating along while getting some exercise on this foot powered 3 wheeled boat. Cost: $15.00 per 1/2 hour. A valid driver's license is required as a deposit for each rental. Each paddle boat can safely accommodate two adults OR one adult and two small children.
- Surrey Rental: Okay now this is a great way to scope out where you are going to have lunch while getting a workout in. This is always a hit with the kids and a fun family activity. Cost: Starting at $25 per hour for a single Surrey and vary per model. A valid driver's license is required as a deposit for each rental.
- Train Ride: Irvine Park Railroad is a 1/3 scale train that take both children and adults on a ride through beautiful and historic Irvine Regional Park. Cost: $5 per person
- Horseback Riding: $45.00 per rider for a one hour trail ride $90.00 per rider for a two hour trail ride Hours: Trail rides are available Tuesday through Sunday. Rides are by appointment ONLY at 9:00, 10:30 am 12:00, 1:30, 3:00 and 4:30 pm.
All riders must be eight years of age or older. There is a weight limit of 200 pounds. For complete information regarding the riding school or to make a reservation please call (714)538-5860 or visit www.ctriding.com.
- Farmers Market: Tuesdays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm No charge to go to the market!
- Volleyball and Horseshoes: Visit the Wheel Fun Rentals at Irvine Park rental counter for info.
- Hiking: Free! Visit this link for all the trail info including length, level of difficulty and what the trails use is. Click Here
Saturday June 17th is Star Wars Day at the OC Zoo!
Weekday: 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
Weekend: 10:00 am – 4:30 pm
With so many options, pack up a lunch and the kids and make a day of it! We love our visits and always a have a great day filled with fun. FYI: Parking is $3 during the week $5 on weekends and $7 during holidays. Summer hours: 6 a.m till 9 p.m. Train opens at 10:00, >>>>Please note: The train ride will be closed due to scheduled maintenance on June 5th, 6th, and 7th.
The park is located at: 1 Irvine Park Road Orange, CA 92869