Queen Mary Dark Harbor Mazes Announced for 2018
Queen Mary Dark Harbor Mazes Get a Major Overhaul for 2018
All was revealed at this years Midsummer Scream. Dark Harbor at The Queen Mary in Long Beach Begins September 27th offering 23 nights of horror. Explore new paths and secret rooms, nightly live entertainment, haunted bars and exciting rides. This year the haunt is getting a complete overhaul including newly constructed interactive maze paths, an all new event layout, and six terrifying mazes all at one of the most haunted places in America.
With the creative mind of John Cooke (formerly with Knott's Scary Farm) on the design team this year, Dark Harbor is completely reimagining their mazes, adding more interactive elements and delving deeper than before into the stories and the characters behind them. All your favorites have returned to Queen Mary's Dark Harbor. On Board the ship find:
- B340 Retrace the steps of Samuel the Savage as you are guided along the crime trail to solve the gruesome murder that occurred during a routine cross-Atlantic voyage in October of 1948. Follow the lead detective on the scene, uncover the evil truth behind one of the most notorious crimes on board the cruise liner in stateroom B340. What ever happened to Samuel you ask? He was discovered in the infamous room dead, ripped to shreds by his own hands.
- Lullaby will bring out the inner child in you as you play a chilling game of hide-and-seek with Scary Mary's toy bear. After being shoved into his own oven and succumbing to his injuries three days later by suffocating, Chef returns again this year and is looking for little revenge in his maze
- FEAST. There will be many obstacles within this maze, just think of all the kitchen appliance you may "run" into. The location of this maze has been moved from the bow to the stern of the ship this year where Soulmate perviously was.
Outside the ships Hull:
- Circus! Sneak into the circus after hours, but don't get caught! Escape the Ringmaster’s big top before becoming a specimen in the oddities museum all with a surprise ending.
- Deadrise! Head to boot camp with Half Hatch Henry for a reimagined storyline of the fan-favorite maze. Experience Captain’s rigorous training camp and fear around every turn as you climb over cargo nets and scale over obstacles all to find yourself smack in the middle of a scare zone! Keep all your senses sharp and alert in this one. Find the secret lounge above for a birds eye view of all the scares and even take part in them.
- Intrepid takes you to John Browns' Shipyard. Try to hide from the lurking creatures in the Scottish Highlands aboard Iron Master’s express train to hell all while keeping your body parts intact.
Back again for another haunt season is the bone-chilling 9-degree Ice Bar, hundreds of devious entities, hidden havens, devilish treats, Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Sinister Swings, the Panic 4D Experience, and live entertainment including death-defying aerialists and fire stunts for your viewing pleasure. Another interactive feature this year. Look for clues to find a compass that will help you get access to the Captains Bar where he will be waiting for you!
Happy Haunting Hours are a pre party from the other side of the gates before the event opens to the public! Between 6-7 pm enjoy a bevy and get the monsters point of view as the gates are opened and visitors are lead in to their demise. $20 limited tickets are made available each night. R.I.P. Lounge located above Dark Harbor, provides a ghost-eye-view of the entire event, sliders show viewing and an occasional visit by a Dark Harbor monster. Access the area with VIP or Ultimate Scream experience. Visiting with a group? Get all the details on the different cabana options and locations HERE
Some things to know before you go!
- Costumes, masks, costume makeup and props are strictly prohibited. Halloween (10/31) and Dia de los Muertos (11/1) are the only exceptions.
- NOT recommend for children under the age of 12
- Hours: 7PM to 1AM Friday and Saturdays/ 7PM- 12AM All other Days
- Rain or shine, Dark Harbor will be open!
- Limited ~ On Site at $20
- Long Beach Courthouse with shuttle bus service to the Queen Mary~ $15 to park
- Aquarium of the Pacific Parking Structure (max charge $16) with Free Dark Harbor Express service operated by the Aqua Link.
The annual haunt returns to the Queen Mary on September 27 and continues select nights through November 2. General Admission ticket prices start at just $20 online with optional limited upgrades to Fast Fright, Evil Express, VIP, Ultimate Scream, Creepy Cabanas, and Private Patios (available while supplies last). For more information or to purchase tickets online, visit www.queenmary.com/dark-harbor.