Wicked Fun at Disneyland Resort for Mickeys Halloween Party
Wicked Fun awaits you this Halloween at The Disneyland Resort During Mickey's Halloween Party
Enjoy limited time frights, fun and food when Halloween Time returns to the Disneyland resort select nights September 19 through October 31, 2018. Your ticket to Mickey's Halloween party lets you enjoy both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park for up to 3 hours before Mickey’s Halloween Party begins. Once the party starts, you’ll be treated to 5 hours of shenanigans including special Halloween-themed attractions, Character Greetings, fireworks, the Headless Horseman Rides Again (pre-parade) and much more. Here's the breakdown as to what is happening within each park this year.
As darkness sets on the Disneyland Resort the entire mood of the party starts to change and new surprises begin to emerge for you to experience. One of last year's highlights for me was seeing the Cadaver Dans in the misty waters singing A Cappella, this is exclusive to the Halloween Party nights and I highly recommend looking out for them. Be sure to look for the Pumpkin Tree and the talking scare crow in Frontierland, he's hilarious!
Throughout Disneyland they go all out with decorations, special lighting and fun photo opps. It is by far my favorite time of the year at the resort. If you are not a annual pass holder and can only visit one time during the year, this would be the time I would recommend with Christmas coming in a very close second. The bonus with Halloween Time is the ride overlays, special parade, the most amazing fireworks show and the major amount of trick or treating trails only Disneyland can pull off!
- Headless Horseman Rides Again : Keep your eyes peeled for this haunted herald as he gallops down Main Street, U.S.A., leading the Frightfully Fun Parade presented exclusively during Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Halloween Screams Fireworks : Become spellbound by a supernatural display presented exclusively during Mickey’s Halloween Party (weather permitting).
- Trick-or-Treat Stations : Collect candy and healthy goodies at selection locations throughout the park (guide maps available at park entrance).
- Character Greetings : Seize your chance to meet, greet and pose with some dastardly Disney Villains and popular Disney Pals decked out in Halloween costumes.
- Halloween Screams: A Villainous Surprise in the Skies at Mickey's Halloween Part
- Haunted Mansion Holiday Ride Overlay
- Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy Ride Overlay
- Main Street Pumpkin Festival: Feast your eyes upon hundreds of hand-carved jack-o-lanterns in this dreadfully delightful annual display.
- Villain's Square at Mickey’s Halloween Party: On select nights in September and October, pose for photos alongside Disney’s most beloved baddies—if you dare. Main St. USA
Party dates and hours this year are:
September Dates: Wed, Sept 19, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Sept 21, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight , Mon, Sept 24, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Wed, Sept 26, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Sept 28, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight
October Dates: Tues, Oct 2, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Oct 5, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight , Tues, Oct 9, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Oct 12, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight , Tues, Oct 16, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Oct 19, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight , Tues, Oct 23, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM , Fri, Oct 26, 2018 7:00 PM to midnight , Mon, Oct 29, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Wed, Oct 31, 2018 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM
Disney California Adventure
Last year introduced the mix in of Disney California Adventure into the party. This side of the park doesn't have trick or treating but does offer ride over lays, spooky decorations and has several character meet and greets. Cars Land does get an entire themed transformation and creates some clever decorations with the use of car parts. It all looks great in the day but nighttime really is when you need to see it all!
- Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree Ride Overlay
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark Ride Overlay
- Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween Ride Overlay
- Route 66 in Cars Land bumper-to-bumper Haul-O-Ween style
- Black bats coiling ‘round Carthay Circle Theatre’s bell tower
- Headless Horseman statue comes alive!
- Photo Pass Photo magic with Oogie Boogie
Know before you go!
A ticket is required for all Guests 3 and over. Space is limited and tickets are available only while supplies last. Subject to capacity and other restrictions.
Tickets are valid for admission to Mickey’s Halloween Party and to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park (subject to Park operating hours) beginning 3 hours prior to the start of the party. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.
Parking is Not included. This is a NON smoking event
My tip on getting the Most BOO out of your visit
- Head to DCA first and enjoy the decorations, photo opps and food!
- Switch over to Disneyland so you won't miss the parade (2nd showing less crowded) fireworks and everything else!
- Bring your own Trick Or Treat bag, they give out tons of treats!
- Be sure to follow the costume guidelines so you won't have to modify your costume.
- During the first parade, take advantage of shorter ride lines.
- If you are an AP check for special exclusive photo opps.
- Don't rush to line up for trick or treating, lines are long early on.
- Trick Or Treat lines split into 2 and have several within one treat stop.
- Looking for less crowds, pick a date in September and on a weekday except Friday. Those will also be the least expensive dates to attend.
Costumes are welcomed for both children and adults BUT there are some guidelines you will need to follow get more info HERE
We have been attending this event for several years now and I always recommend it. Since it's a private event it is less crowded, offers exclusive entertainment and is a great excuse for the entire family to get into the Halloween spirit and dress up! Tickets will go on sale June 5th to annual pass holders and June 12 to the general public.